For The European School The Hague we are looking for a Head of Secondary School.
Derived from the mandate of the Director, as the Head of Secondary you are responsible for managing the Secondary School’s operations and activities. You oversee the European School’s curriculum and its regulations. You provide staff and students with a safe and productive environment to learn. You are responsible for developing and maintaining the academic goals, and implement standards and programs set by the ESH, the Rijnlands Foundation, the Dutch Education authorities and the European Schools System. You serve as the public face of our Secondary School.
- proven educational leadership qualities;
- a clear vision on education and teaching;
- fluent in English and another European language;
- a good knowledge of Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch;
- the skills to lead situationally, therefore encouraging ownership and decision-making;
- the ability to offer feedback in a development-minded manner and appreciate receiving feedback;
- experience in dealing with different stakeholders, such as highly educated expat community.
This position is rewarded with scale 14 CAO-VO. We offer good secondary employment conditions and the 30 percent rule applies for candidates from abroad for the first five years of employment.
Located in the international heart The Hague, The European School The Hague is an officially Accredited European School. We are committed to the intellectual and personal development of our students, encouraging them to become positive, accountable and creative European and global citizens.
The ESH Secondary school offers an educational program that leads to the European Baccalaureate diploma. Starting with only 75 students in 2014, the Secondary School has bloomed to a fully operational organisation, currently housing 700 students and 160 employees. Over the next couple of years, the Secondary School expects to grow towards approx. 800 students.
For more information please read the profile description.
Interested in this position? Fill out the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English, for the attention of Mrs. drs. Marja de Kruif, quoting reference 20220358, before March 13th.
For questions you can contact Marja de Kruif via 088-205 16 00.
• Preselection conversations: in the week of March the 20th
• First-round interviews: in the week of March the 27th
• Second-round interviews: in the week of April the 3rd